Art can be a hopeful and beautiful expression of the wisdom and truth we carry inside of us. With Art, we can reveal the pieces inside of us that may not make much sense or make a whole picture. With Art, we can finally express what is inside of us.
Trauma often silences us with shame, with confusion, or with despair. It can be impossible to remember everything or to even connect to our feelings. Being asked to talk about our feelings and thoughts during these fractured or complicated memories can be even more tortuous. Using Art to express what is inside of us without having to filter through words and ideas that others can understand can help us relax and find hope.
Art Therapy for Veterans with Trauma
12 sessions in Mountain View, CA
The purpose of this group is to provide participants with the opportunity to work on the following goals:
- Connect with a community of fellow Veterans and Artists in the Bay Area.
- Explore and express inner feelings through an artistic medium.
- Explore the healing process through reflections, expression, and feedback.
Wednesdays from 4pm to 6pm
January 2020: 8, 15, 22, 29
February 2020: 5, 12, 19
March 2020: 4, 11, 18, 25
April 2020: 1
Veterans with trauma
Location: Mountain View, CA
Elizabeth McGinnis, MA, APCC 4306
Supervised by Dr. Thomas Lucking, PhD, LMFT 97696
Type of Group
Open for first three sessions
After the THIRD session this group will be closed to new participants.
- $50 per session.
- Fees are payable by insurance, cash, check, credit card, Google Pay, or Venmo.
- Fees must be paid before or at the beginning of your first group session.
- For fees not being paid by insurance, all fees for all sessions are required to be paid before or at the beginning of the first session attended.
- Refunds are only granted for closed groups where you have paid for all sessions AND the group has not yet been closed to new members.
Ready to begin or want to learn more?